2009年3月13日 星期五

Google Voice

我最早在紐約時報讀到它
其實我有興趣的是語音轉變之software


The new Google Voice service juggles several telephone tricks, picking up where Google-acquired GrandCentral left off. Google Voice routes incoming calls to several phones simultaneously, dials numbers from the PC interface, includes web-accessible voicemail, and more. The biggest new feature transcribes voice messages so you can read them as SMS or email. All together, it's a great option for businesses with mobile needs, letting clients reach you wherever you are by dialing a single number.

While initially available only to current GrandCentral users, I'm relieved that Google is finally releasing an update. I've used the free GrandCentral for the mobility features, but especially for call recording options; the service has languished for two years, making me begin plans to move to another tool. (PhoneFusion looks like a close competitor, giving more routing options for multiple employees while coming with a $10-30 monthly fee.)

For my ideal business use, I've been waiting for two phone features: number porting and call transcription. The latter should be added soon, since it's just a longer version of voicemail transcription; Google Voice can already record full calls. And I hope that as Google Voice allows more users to sign up soon, the service will allow incoming and outgoing number ports. Most people reach me directly at one number already, and if I'm going to make the full jump, I'd like to just move that number to Google.

Google hasn't commented on new pricing, my final concern for business use. I'd actually rather pay a monthly fee than dabble with a not-ready-for-prime-time "beta" service. I'd also hope that cost would turn off any content-specific ads based on my voicemail. (The company hasn't commented on ads either, but those contextual ads seem likely since they appear everywhere else on Google.)

Google Voice seems close to matching my business needs. It even taps into an established Gmail contact list. But if it still can't deliver, PhoneFusion and other competitors are waiting.

Zack Stern is a freelance writer and editor based in San Francisco who will tell you if he's recording a call.
Google新科技 將語音留言轉寫成文字
法新社

 美國網路搜尋引擎巨擘Google今天將勢力範圍拓展到電話市場,對住家、辦公、手機提供單一門號服務,並將語音留言轉寫成電子郵件。

 Google Voice可自動將語音留言轉寫成電子郵件或是SMS簡訊,並將文字檔寄到使用者電腦或手機的收信匣。

 Google在公司部落格的教學錄影帶中表示:「當你收到語音留言,Google Voice將自動把它轉寫成文字檔,讓你閱讀語音留言的內容。」

 然而,教學錄影帶仍提醒指出,由於這是透過語音辨識科技「全自動化」轉寫,內容「可能包含錯誤」。

 這項服務目前只提供給Goolge經營的電話業務公司GrandCentral現有用戶。總部位在加州山景市(Mountain View)的Google,於2007年7月收購GrandCentral。

 但Google表示,將在接下來數週提供新用戶免費使用Google Voice。(譯者:蔡佳敏)



沒有留言:

網誌存檔